"Now about that time Herod the king stretched out his hand to harass some from the church. Then he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw that it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to seize Peter also." Acts 12:1-3
- He mistreated his own citizens.
- He made decisions based on popularity.
- He acted irrationally in difficult times.
- He harbored anger toward others.
- He sought power out of insecurity.
- He projected an infallible image.
- He was blinded by his ego.
- Identify where you're weak or have taken shortcuts.
- Look for patterns.
- Apologize to those you've wronged.
- Stay teachable and rebuild.