"So I prayed to the God of heaven. And I said to the king, 'If it pleases the king, and if your servant has found favor in your sight, I ask that you send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers' tombs, that I may rebuild [the wall].'" Nehemiah 2:4-5
Nehemiah displayed the qualities that make for initiative in leaders:
|Leadership Promises - Qualities Of Initiators.|
- They know what they want: Desire is the starting point of all achievement. Nehemiah knew that he wanted that wall up.
- They push themselves to act: At first, Nehemiah acted alone. He pushed to get the facts that would move others.
- They take more risks: Nehemiah took some major risks as he got permission to go, to get wood, and to survey the job.
- They make more mistakes: Nehemiah wasn't afraid to mobilize men who weren't professional contractors to build or soldiers to fight.
- They go with their gut: What Nehemiah lacked in experience, he made up for with the passion of his heart.