"But he rejected the advice which the elders had given him, and consulted the young men who had grown up with him, who stood before him." ?2 Chronicles 10:8
Be careful what kind of inner circle you choose! King Rehoboam had the benefit of his father's inner circle, men who gave him wise counsel. But the foolish young king rejected their advice and instead looked for advice that agreed with his own opinion. Horrible move! He should have gone with a core team who possessed the qualities of a solid inner circle:
|Leadership Promises - Choosing the Right Circle.|
- Experience: People who have been down the road of life and understand it.
- Heart for God: People who place God first and uphold His values.
- Objectivity: People who see the pros and cons of the issues.
- Love for people: People who love others and value them more than things.
- Complementary gifts: People who bring diverse gifts to the relationship.
- Loyalty to the leader: People who truly love and are concerned for the leader.