"Arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them-the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses."? Joshua 1:2-3
People need to be shown the team's vision clearly, creatively, and continually. Whenever I endeavor to cast vision with the members of my team, I use the following checklist. I try to make sure that every vision message possesses the following:
|Leadership Promises - Checklist Before Taking New Territory.|
- Clarity: brings understanding to the vision (answers what the people must know and what you want them to do).
- Connectedness: brings the past, present, and future together.
- Purpose: bring direction to the vision.
- Goals: bring targets to the vision.
- Honesty: brings integrity to the vision and credibility to the vision-caster.
- Stories: bring relationships to the vision.
- Challenge: brings stretching to the vision.
- Passion: brings fuel to the vision.
- Modeling: brings accountability to the vision.
- Strategy: brings process to the vision.